Minutes for December 2020 Meeting
This meeting was held on December 5 at the Ft Christmas field and called to order at 09:55 AM by president Raed Elazzawi. Approximately thirteen members were present.
Minutes of the November meeting were read and approved.
The Treasurer’s report was not available.
Tangerine contest was held at Kenny World on 20-22 November. The club made $586 including $290 from the raffle thanks to a big effort by Lee Bailey.
The college field is presently flyable since the recent frost suppressed the weed overgrowth.
The Toys for Tots soaring contest will be held 12-13 December. Toy donations are already coming in.
Dues for 2021 are now due and should be sent to Treasurer Lewis Gray.
The latest version of the 2021 FSS contest schedule should be posted soon.
Mowing for the college field was discussed to follow up from last month. Lee Bailey talked to the SCC maintenance supervisor (Bart), and now the points to consider are:
- Obtain permission from SCC to allow us to do the mowing ourselves
- Rent a suitable mower at a reasonable cost
- Make no mowing effort unless we do the work ourselves
- If we are allowed to do mowing, then redo our contract with the college and get our $800 back.
- New houses along the north fence create high potential for incidents
- Likelihood of losing access within 2 years due to housing construction and incidents
Discussions with SCC officials are ongoing.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:25 AM.
Minutes submitted by Tom Galloway